John Puryear, known around Tuscaloosa as "RedJohn", opened The Corner on 10th St (now Paul Bryan Dr.) in 1946, while in law school at UA (after returning home from WWII where he earned the Bronze Star for Distinguished service). For decades, the Corner was a major presence right across from campus (at 801 Bryant Drive), where legions of students bought ice-cold cokes (the Freshmen, anyway), cashed checks, bought beer (the Seniors, of course) and treated the place as a home away from home for all the late-night and game-day necessities. Since it was torn down in 2013, it has been mourned and sorely missed — which has led us to bring it back for a very limited time (we're only printing up a few of these on high-quality tees of various shades and fabrics). Grab yours while you can! BIG THANK YOU to the Puryear family (and since 1987, the Delchamps) for decades of stewardship at this now-gone, but not forgotten, Tuscaloosa icon.
- Men’s Heavyweight T-shirt - 100% cotton (Heather colors are 90% cotton/10% polyester). Heavier weight and "boxier" cut than the Lightweight tees.
- Men's Lightweight T-shirt - 100% ring-spun cotton (Heather colors are 35% cotton/65% polyester). The heather bleends have a slight stretch to them and are very lightweight and super soft.
- Ladies Racerback Tank - 50% polyester, 25% combed ring-spun cotton, and 25% rayon (triblend). Extremely lightweight and just the right amount of stretch.
- Ladies Regular-fit T-shirt - 100% combed ring-spun cotton (Heather colors are 35% cotton/65% polyester). Cap sleeves, tapered torso. A true ladies-cut.
- Thermal Hoodie - 50% cotton/ 50% polyester. Warm, fleece-lined. Perfect weight.
- Men's Long Sleeve T-shirt - 100% cotton