War Eagle Supper Club
What's there to say about this iconic establishment that you don't already know? The War Eagle Supper Club was built in 1937 at 2061 South College Street in Auburn by John Gazes as a private supper club, which allowed for alcohol sales to diners. The local Lambert family purchased the business in the 1950s and continued to operate it in the same way through the 1970s. Then things really changed when Hank and Jeff Gilmer bought a share of the business in 1977 and began its transformation into a 21-and-up bar and music club, with patrons paying a $2 membership fee at the door. John Brandt later joined the ownership group in the mid-1980s. It was the first restaurant in Auburn to serve pizza pie in the 1950s, and the owners added two more ovens from Auburn's former Pasquale's location after the infamous Kopper Kettle explosion on January 15, 1978. An old bus, used in the mid-1980s to deliver patrons home safely after midnight, was later converted into a "Shot Bus," a secondary bar behind the club serving, well, you know, shots! In later years, the bar became known mainly for its live music, and scores of rock and country performers have played there. In 2015, after 75+ years, the owners learned that the building would be razed to make room for "progress" and a last bash was held on December 31, 2015, to mark the end of Auburn's greatest, longest-run and most beloved gathering place and social center.
- Men’s Heavyweight T-shirt - 100% cotton (Heather colors are 90% cotton/10% polyester). Heavier weight and "boxier" cut than the Lightweight tees.
- Men's Lightweight T-shirt - 100% ring-spun cotton (Heather colors are 35% cotton/65% polyester). The heather bleends have a slight stretch to them and are very lightweight and super soft.
- Ladies Racerback Tank - 50% polyester, 25% combed ring-spun cotton, and 25% rayon (triblend). Extremely lightweight and just the right amount of stretch.
- Ladies Regular-fit T-shirt - 100% combed ring-spun cotton (Heather colors are 35% cotton/65% polyester). Cap sleeves, tapered torso. A true ladies-cut.
- Thermal Hoodie - 50% cotton/ 50% polyester. Warm, fleece-lined. Perfect weight.
- Men's Long Sleeve T-shirt - 100% cotton