The infamous Silver Dollar was opened in 1974 on Michigan Avenue (near Brody). According to an article in the campus newspaper at the time, the club “attracted a mixed clientele: college kids, executives and ‘street people.’ ” It was known to VERY old-school Lansing peeps as The Brewery before the Dollar opened. But back to our story…Many acts early in their careers played the Silver Dollar, among them, Kiss, ZZ Top, Aerosmith, Bob Seger, Rush, Night Ranger (it WAS the 80s at this point) and many others. The place was huge, and could accommodate 600 people, and a neat appearance was required to enter. Real silver dollars were given as change at the door. The party continued throughout the 90s, when a “new country” format was attempted, as well as a trendy nightclub with DJs, but its former glory was over. Ingham County seized the bar for unpaid property taxes in 2006 and the building was razed in 2009, and the Midtown apartment buildings now sit on the former site.
- Men’s Heavyweight T-shirt - 100% cotton (Heather colors are 90% cotton/10% polyester). Heavier weight and "boxier" cut than the Lightweight tees.
- Men's Lightweight T-shirt - 100% ring-spun cotton (Heather colors are 35% cotton/65% polyester). The heather bleends have a slight stretch to them and are very lightweight and super soft.
- Ladies Racerback Tank - 50% polyester, 25% combed ring-spun cotton, and 25% rayon (triblend). Extremely lightweight and just the right amount of stretch.
- Ladies Regular-fit T-shirt - 100% combed ring-spun cotton (Heather colors are 35% cotton/65% polyester). Cap sleeves, tapered torso. A true ladies-cut.
- Thermal Hoodie - 50% cotton/ 50% polyester. Warm, fleece-lined. Perfect weight.
- Men's Long Sleeve T-shirt - 100% cotton