The Candy Store
The infamous Candy Store, at 1 North Atlantic Blvd on Fort Lauderdale beach, was a massively-popular joint known for its wet T-shirt, Teenie Weenie Bikini, belly flop and beer guzzling contests (and other slothful student activities from the Spring Break years). Bobby “Van” Vannuchi opened the Candy Store in 1977 (its beloved beach predecessor, The Button Lounge opened in 1970). The place raged on through the the 80s, but the writing was on the wall when local commissioners had finally had enough of the antics at the bar, as well as the hit Ft. Lauderdale’s image was taking. In 1987 as many as 12 students were killed in Florida during Spring Break in alcohol and drug-related incidents, and the Candy Store was emblematic of all the city was trying to get rid of, which led to its eventual closing in 1989.
- Men’s Heavyweight T-shirt - 100% cotton (Heather colors are 90% cotton/10% polyester). Heavier weight and "boxier" cut than the Lightweight tees.
- Men's Lightweight T-shirt - 100% ring-spun cotton (Heather colors are 35% cotton/65% polyester). The heather bleends have a slight stretch to them and are very lightweight and super soft.
- Ladies Racerback Tank - 50% polyester, 25% combed ring-spun cotton, and 25% rayon (triblend). Extremely lightweight and just the right amount of stretch.
- Ladies Regular-fit T-shirt - 100% combed ring-spun cotton (Heather colors are 35% cotton/65% polyester). Cap sleeves, tapered torso. A true ladies-cut.
- Thermal Hoodie - 50% cotton/ 50% polyester. Warm, fleece-lined. Perfect weight.
- Men's Long Sleeve T-shirt - 100% cotton