Hot Flash of America
Hot Flash of America, 2351 Market Street, was an influential and much loved art gallery, eclectic gift shop and hair salon on Market Street in the Castro. In its heyday it hosted many gatherings and events, with great drinks and hors-dourves. Co-owner Wakefiled Poole was a well-known artist and gay porn filmmaker in the 70s — as well as friend and neighbor of Harvey Milk’s. There was always lots to “look at” at the Hot Flash, and their shirts (a take on the Arm and Hammer baking soda logo) were an essential item in every Castro dude’s wardrobe in the Castro of the 70’s & early 80’s (pairing well with a tight pair of Levis and a full mustache).
- Men’s Heavyweight T-shirt - 100% cotton (Heather colors are 90% cotton/10% polyester). Heavier weight and "boxier" cut than the Lightweight tees.
- Men's Lightweight T-shirt - 100% ring-spun cotton (Heather colors are 35% cotton/65% polyester). The heather bleends have a slight stretch to them and are very lightweight and super soft.
- Ladies Racerback Tank - 50% polyester, 25% combed ring-spun cotton, and 25% rayon (triblend). Extremely lightweight and just the right amount of stretch.
- Ladies Regular-fit T-shirt - 100% combed ring-spun cotton (Heather colors are 35% cotton/65% polyester). Cap sleeves, tapered torso. A true ladies-cut.
- Thermal Hoodie - 50% cotton/ 50% polyester. Warm, fleece-lined. Perfect weight.
- Men's Long Sleeve T-shirt - 100% cotton