The Ivory Tusk, at 1215 University Blvd., was opened by Tuscaloosa local, Woody Krueger (of The Booth fame), and stands as one of the greatest bars and live music venues from the late 70s and 80s. Chances are, if you were there "back in the day", you were treated to a packed bar with groups like Dave Matthews, Blues Traveler, Sonic Youth among many others that went on to huge stardom. But, like the End Zone and the Amphitheater, the Tusk went the way of "progress" and gentrification on the Strip in the fast-disappearing 'Bama bar scene. Be on the lookout for more bygone Bama spots like Lee's Tomb, the Houndstooth and more soon!
Read This to Hekp You Pick the Right Tee!
In an effort to offer as many options as possible, we've got a few styles and fabric weight, materials, etc, for you to choose from. Here's a little more info on the various options you see in the pull-down menu on our product pages. Hope it helps! And as always, if you have a question, please reach out via the MESSAGE US box below):
- Men's Lightweight T-shirt - Our most popular options are the Lightweight Heather (a blend of cotton and poly for a little more "stretch") and Lightweight Cotton (100% cotton) options. These run true to size, so you can feel comfortable ordering your normal size. These are brands like Canvas and Next Level. Similar to the more high-end "fashion" tees you see at Banana Republic. High-quality stitching and weaving create a light-feeling fit while wearing. 100% ring-spun cotton (Heather colors are 35% cotton/65% polyester). The heather blends have a slight stretch to them and are very lightweight, super soft, and will not shrink.
- Ladies Racerback Tank - These are a featherweight, but very sturdy "triblend" fabric blending 50% polyester, 25% combed ring-spun cotton, and 25% rayon. Extremely lightweight and just the right amount of stretch.
- Ladies Regular-fit T-shirt - Tapered-cut for women. 100% combed ring-spun cotton (Heather colors are 35% cotton/65% polyester). Cap sleeves, tapered through the torso, thinner, slight scoopneck collar. A true ladies-cut! They run a tad small, so order up if you prefer a little more room but still want a real ladies-cut shirt.
- Thermal Hoodie - 50% cotton/ 50% polyester. Warm, fleece-lined. Perfect weight and size. Run true to size. Great for smashing it on Game Days...or any day it's a bit cool out!
- Men's Long Sleeve T-shirt - 100% cotton, slightly-fitted, but not overly so. Pretty true to size. Very soft, ringspun cotton.
- Men’s Heavyweight T-shirt - 100% cotton (Heather colors are 90% cotton/10% polyester). Choose this if you want a heavier weight, feel. Heavier weight and "boxier" cut than the Lightweight tees. We use the desciptor "heavyweight" to denote the weight-feel of this option is thicker than our two "Lightweight" options (see below). Choose this option is you want an old-school, more 80s-style boxier cut, thicker collar, longer sleeves, wider body. Think Gildan or Comfort Colors style here. These are for guys (and gals, too!) who don't want today's lighter fabrics that are definitely all the rage. These feel a little "rougher" out of the package but will soften after a few washes.
We want you to be totally happy with your selection! If you need to exchange for a different size, please call us at 305-290-2323, option 3, or just reach out through the MESSAGE US button below! We will arrange to ship out a different size providing you return the original(s) to us at: Long Lost Tees, P.O. Box 1834 Key West, FL 33041.
***Please notify us of a size exchange within 30 days of purchase! Thanks.